Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a galaxy far far away...

HomeCalculatorGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Con
Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:27 am by Manshoon

» anyone tried guild wars 2 beta?
Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 am by Mavado

» Looking to re join on the master dah nala server!
Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 pm by Scotty1984

» Manshoon wins xD
Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:26 pm by Guest

Shirokitsune... question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Shirokitsune... question... Empty
PostSubject: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 pm

I used to work for a company in the US called Shiroki North America, and their home company is Shiroki in Japan. Do you work for them or know of the company?

They make auto parts for Toyota and a few others.

Just curious.... its in your name..
Back to top Go down
Smoop
is cool
is cool
Smoop

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:53 am

He is obsessed with a girl named Shiro Kitsune. Im sure he will post some hot pics of her once he sees this thread. hehe. She is pretty hot though.
Back to top Go down
Burbic

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:34 am

Tanslation Tricky Fox suprised no one has asked him this it started back in the halo days as just kitsune and then upgraded later to shirokitsune. So close he is obsessed with a fox just not the same type you were thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:17 am

Wrong burbic it was Furta vulpes in halo Latin for tricky fox.
After I atarted living in japan and learned about the history and lore I change my name to Shiro Kitsune- White Fox

Full story and lore.
Kitsune are associated with Inari, the Shinto deity of rice.[42] This association has reinforced the fox's supernatural significance.[43] Originally, kitsune were Inari's messengers, but the line between the two is now blurred so that Inari himself may be depicted as a fox. Likewise, entire shrines are dedicated to kitsune, where devotees can leave offerings.[9] Fox spirits are particularly fond of a fried sliced tofu called aburage, which is accordingly found in kitsune udon and kitsune soba. Similarly, Inari-zushi is a type of sushi named for Inari that consists of rice-filled pouches of fried tofu.[44] There is speculation among folklorists as to whether another Shinto fox deity existed in the past. Foxes have long been worshipped as kami.[45]
Inari's kitsune are white, a color of good omen.[9] They possess the power to ward off evil, and they sometimes serve as guardian spirits. In addition to protecting Inari shrines, they are petitioned to intervene on behalf of the locals and particularly to aid against troublesome nogitsune. Black foxes and nine-tailed foxes are likewise considered good omens.[19]
According to beliefs derived from fusui (feng shui), the fox's power over evil is such that a mere statue of a fox can dispel the evil kimon, or energy, that flows from the northeast. Many Inari shrines, such as the famous Fushimi Inari shrine in Kyoto, feature such statues, sometimes large numbers of them.
Kitsune are connected to the Buddhist religion through the Dakiniten, goddesses conflated with Inari's female aspect. Dakiniten is depicted as a female boddhisattva wielding a sword and riding a flying white fox.

Kitsune are often presented as tricksters, with motives that vary from mischief to malevolence. Stories tell of kitsune playing tricks on overly proud samurai, greedy merchants, and boastful commoners, while the crueler ones abuse poor tradesmen and farmers or devout Buddhist monks. Their victims are usually men; women are possessed instead.[18] For example, kitsune are thought to employ their kitsune-bi or fox-fire to lead travelers astray in the manner of a will o' the wisp.[47][48] Another tactic is for the kitsune to confuse its target with illusions or visions.[18] Other common goals of trickster kitsune include seduction, theft of food, humiliation of the prideful, or vengeance for a perceived slight.
A traditional game called kitsune-ken (fox-fist) references the kitsune's powers over human beings. The game is similar to rock, paper, scissors, but the three hand positions signify a fox, a hunter, and a village headman. The headman beats the hunter, whom he outranks; the hunter beats the fox, whom he shoots; the fox beats the headman, whom he bewitches.[49][50]
This ambiguous portrayal, coupled with their reputation for vengefulness, leads people to try to discover a troublesome fox's motives. In one case, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, a high government official, wrote a letter to the kami Inari:

To Inari Daimyojin,
My lord, I have the honor to inform you that one of the foxes under your jurisdiction has bewitched one of my servants, causing her and others a great deal of trouble. I have to request that you make minute inquiries into the matter, and endeavor to find out the reason of your subject misbehaving in this way, and let me know the result.
If it turns out that the fox has no adequate reason to give for his behavior, you are to arrest and punish him at once. If you hesitate to take action in this matter I shall issue orders for the destruction of every fox in the land. Any other particulars that you may wish to be informed of in reference to what has occurred, you can learn from the high priest of Yoshida.[51]
Shirokitsune... question... 140px-Tamamo-no-mae-woodblock Shirokitsune... question... Magnify-clip
Tamamo-no-Mae, a legendary kitsune featured in noh and kyogen plays. Print by Yoshitoshi.

Kitsune keep their promises and strive to repay any favor. Occasionally a kitsune attaches itself to a person or household, where they can cause all sorts of mischief. In one story from the 12th century, only the homeowner's threat to exterminate the foxes convinces them to behave. The kitsune patriarch appears in the man's dreams:

"My father lived here before me, sir, and by now I have many children and grandchildren. They get into a lot of mischief, I'm afraid, and I'm always after them to stop, but they never listen. And now, sir, you're understandably fed up with us. I gather that you're going to kill us all. But I just want you to know, sir, how sorry I am that this is our last night of life. Won't you pardon us, one more time? If we ever make trouble again, then of course you must act as you think best. But the young ones, sir — I'm sure they'll understand when I explain to them why you're so upset. We'll do everything we can to protect you from now on, if only you'll forgive us, and we'll be sure to let you know when anything good is going to happen!"[52]
Other kitsune use their magic for the benefit of their companion or hosts as long as the human beings treat them with respect. As yōkai, however, kitsune do not share human morality, and a kitsune who has adopted a house in this manner may, for example, bring its host money or items that it has stolen from the neighbors. Accordingly, common households thought to harbor kitsune are treated with suspicion.[53] Oddly, samurai families were often reputed to share similar arrangements with kitsune, but these foxes were considered myōbu and the use of their magic a sign of prestige.[54] Abandoned homes were common haunts for kitsune.[18] One 12th-century story tells of a minister moving into an old mansion only to discover a family of foxes living there. They first try to scare him away, then claim that the house "has been ours for many years, and . . . we wish to register a vigorous protest." The man refuses, and the foxes resign themselves to moving to an abandoned lot nearby.[55]
Tales distinguish kitsune gifts from kitsune payments. If a kitsune offers a payment or reward that includes money or material wealth, part or all of the sum will consist of old paper, leaves, twigs, stones, or similar valueless items under a magical illusion.[56][57] True kitsune gifts are usually intangibles, such as protection, knowledge, or long life.[57]
Back to top Go down
Krout

Krout

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:37 am

Japan lore kicks ass
Back to top Go down
Smoop
is cool
is cool
Smoop

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 am

oh I thought is is that hot piece of asian ass you keep posting.
Back to top Go down
Krout

Krout

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 am

she is totally hawt. fkn TOTALLY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shirokitsune... question...   Shirokitsune... question... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shirokitsune... question...
Page 1 of 1